At times, gardening in the Cape can be challenging. There are so many different types of fynbos and other indigenous plants that one can get confused as to which is which and what is what. We are in the Cape Floral Kingdom after all!
Now, access to gardening knowledge and inspiration is at the tip of every green finger.
Gardening with Babylonstoren is a new, free app and whether you’re just getting to grips with your pruning shears, or have the best looking garden on the block, this platform will help you become a better gardener.
But why? What can the app do you for? So much, actually. Here’s a list:
- Connect with skilled gardeners: By joining the gardening community, you’ll get to follow the journey and engage with plant enthusiasts from all over South Africa. Remember to search for our team of seasoned gardeners by using the discover functionality. Be sure to look for Gundula Deutschlander, Liesl van der Walt, Ernst van Jaarsveld, Talitha Cherry and Constance Stuurman.
- Solve thorny issues: Get instant access, tips and advice. From identifying plants to nipping pests and diseases in the bud – let our digital gardening community give you a hand.
- Share your garden successes: Proud of your garden? Then share your knowledge and triumphs with fellow greenkeepers.
- Get information: Sprouting from our team’s experience, this application is brimming with information that you can trust. Dig into our online library of nearly a 1000 plant profiles.
- Be inspired: Stay inspired by scrolling through the feed of refreshing posts and grow your knowledge on all things potting, pruning, mulching and weeding.
- Create a profile: You can become even more involved in the community by setting up your own profile with a short biography.
You can read more about the app HERE and see how it works in the short video below.
Catch the Gardening with Babylonstoren app team at the Cape Town Flower Show from the 27-30 October 2016. Get your tickets through Computicket HERE.